Saturday, January 29, 2011

Greetings from the Edge

A View from the Edge
"Edge of the Slope" refers to the fact that I live on the outer edge of a neighborhood called Park Slope, in Brooklyn, New York. Additionally, when I moved here nineteen years ago as part of the first wave of a now nearly completed gentrification, my block was a bit on the edgy side. And I hope that some of the writing presented herein will have a bit of an edge to it.

I begin this new blog in the midst of an intense process of grieving for my beloved of thirteen years, Heather Faraone, and therefore much of what appears (at least initially) will concern her and my relationship with her in the past and  present. I thought at first to name this "A Griever's Blog" but decided that I didn't wish to limit my scope, and I hope for this space to grow into an eclectic forum of thought and fancy. Posts that are specifically geared toward grieving will be tagged with "--A Griever's Blog" following the title, as I envision that through accretion these short posts will eventually constitute and be read as a whole work.

There are also some essays I've previously written included on the sidebar, including two eulogies for Heather. Probably the best way to be a part of this blog is to comment on posts & essays and choose to "Follow"  or "Subscribe" to the blog by clicking the corresponding buttons on the right sidebar. 

This blog is not meant to be uniformly light and breezy--here you will not find what I ate for breakfast or other pedestrian details of my life. I am gambling on the reader's willingness to lend their attention to somewhat more challenging material than might usually be found in such a place, as well as my ability to compose words and thoughts worthy of scrutiny and deliberation.

I thank you for you time and consideration. But now please dig and weigh in.

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to the edgy posts.I like edgy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippie! I love it. You'll be the first blog I've ever paid attention to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I can get edgy enough for you Captain. And Lizzy, I'm glad I got your attention!

    ReplyDelete